Pages

Friday, November 13, 2009

stop making up meaning

Stop making up meaning

We humans make up meaning all the time. If someone disapproves of us, rather than thinking “oh that’s their issue,” we internalize it and make it about us and about who we are as a person. We attach it to our self-image and make, what I call, “identity meaning.” We tell ourselves: “Wow, people don’t approve of me. I probably don’t deserve approval. I’m the kind of person people don’t approve of.” Ouch! Stop making identity meaning. When someone doesn’t approve of you, realize they can do whatever they want and it has nothing to do with you.

my other article :

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment in English language. You can use google translate at http://translate.google.com.

Your comment will delete if you don't comment in english language.

comment in this blog